"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' "
Jeremiah 29:11

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Show and Tell!

Since I had an idea what to expect this year, and had a good month or so at home, I got crafty so I would have the materials and decorations I needed to start the year off.  I am so excited to have a calendar this year!   A calendar was the one thing I knew I wanted to buy for my classroom, but clearly I didn't stop there.  I also made a fair amount of stuff on the computer.  I had to take advantage of having a printer while in the United States.  And to make it last, I toted all the paper items I had gathered to Lakeshore and laminated them, all 53 feet.  Thanks Kelsey for all the help cutting it out!  Your cutting is so precise and your edges are rounded; mine are not :)  I can tell who cut what!  I've gotten a lot of compliments on how nice my classroom looks from parents and other staff members, but there's a lot of other people who helped make this space inviting.  Books, whiteboards, stickers, posters, even help glueing and cutting things...there's so much I could name, that friends and family have been so generous with.  Many of you who have never even been to my little school, have a piece of you in it.  That makes my heart smile.  Thank you!



a new banner greets us all!
A fresh coat of paint.  My temporary classroom is the window on the far right.
BEFORE:  A blank slate... even if it's temporary, I'm happy I have this room.  I have my own desk this year!  Until I move rooms, that is :(

AFTER:  Much better now that it has some color.

My theme this year is movies.  The clapboard says Miss Hill's class, Now Starring:  and each star has a student's name on it.






I found these cute popcorn cut-outs at Jo-Ann Fabrics (in the US of course) and each student has their own hook to hang their backpack.


I found these name tags at Barnes & Noble!
These oversized ticket cutouts came from Lakeshore
We are lucky to have this great window that even closes.  And this room has overhead lights!
My new fifth grade class!



My 7 fifth  graders (one is absent) are now in sixth grade, with 3 new faces!


I made the "Who Will Pop Up Next" sign and popcorn with each students name inside.  I don't use this all the time, but it is a random way to pick students to run an errand or answer a question.  I have one popcorn container for each grade I teach.


Thanks Mom for the Scientific Method poster set!

"Meet the Cast" of 5th and 6th grade
I made the signs that say English, Math, and Science..

we all signed it, and are accountable!

my hand-made behavior chart.  If you end the day on green, blue, or purple, you earn a sticker on your incentive chart.
Last year my 5th graders came up with the name "Good Times!" for their reward system.  These are the incentive charts where students have a chance to earn a sticker each day.


Target dollar section= prize box!  After each row on the incentive chart is filled up, students earn a small prize, and after the ENTIRE incentive chart is filled the student gets his or her choice from Miss Hill's prize box!

I guess I was so excited about having a classroom calendar that I didn't even take a picture of it.  oops.  It matches the die cut letters that I used to make the signs and also matches the Class Rules poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment