"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' "
Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, June 1, 2012

Paisley Boots & Politics


            I know I haven’t updated this thing in a while now.  I’ve been too busy educating the leaders of tomorrow.  I still haven't been here a month yet,  but it feels like forever...
But I will be home in exactly one month and one day!!!  Can't waitttttttttttt.  And exactly two months from today, it will be the first anniversary of my 21st birthday.  

            I woke up yesterday morning to the sound of thunder.  Well actually I woke up to my alarm clock, but I turned that off and then I woke up again to my alarm on my phone, but I turned that off too—but when I woke up the third time (30 minutes later than intended) it was to the sound of thunder.  Before I’d even thought about thinking about what to think, the sky opened up.  And thus, my paisley boots made their first appearance on the campus of Escuela Futuro Verde. Before I even stepped foot onto the sidewalk at school, I hear “¡me encantan tus botas!”  All day long I kept getting comments about how “lindo” my “botas” are.  Haha  Even the cook,  who I haven’t really talked with much, approached me to ask where I got them from.  Sorry ya’ll, these came from the USA! 
            This week has been school election week so the schedule has been “flexible” to put it kindly.  All week lunches were longer, we had assemblies each day, and recesses were extended.  Today we had classes from 7:30-9, but we were told just to do activities or games…at 9 o’clock we all had our snack and then gathered together for the announcement of the winning political party.  Several of my students are in the party that won and the smiles on their faces were so genuine. 
            The rest of the day was field day.  I was supervising the 4-9 graders on the soccer field along with the p.e. coach.  I am so impressed at how well these kids play soccer!  I’m not much help when it comes to sports.  That is until somebody breaks out the rope for limbo time!  Yesshh, along with hula-hooping, limbo-ing is my other hidden talent.  My students were quite surprised at how low I could go. 

            I have a few pictures from the past week that I will add later.  For now I’m going to see what I can do to entertain myself on this Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment