"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' "
Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Travel Update

This past week has been a whirlwind of excitement, activities, and work related to the end of the school year.  (To be updated in a later post when I have more time)

But amongst this weeks events, I must announce that I signed a contract for the 2013 school year at EFV, and I am beyond excited to be returning to the little school with the children you have stolen my heart.  Although I seemed to teeter back in forth with my decision, at the end of the day it was easy:  I love my job here, and I don't feel like my work here is done.  Absolutely I could earn A TON more money if I taught in the United States;  but my heart made this decision, not my empty wallet.  It was not about the money, it is about the experience!

The first and longest leg of my trip back to the United States is over.  That was yesterday:  from Cóbano to San José.  Car, bus, ferry, bus, taxi, and 5 hours.  Because of the time it takes to get from my little piece of paradise down in the Southern Nicoyan peninsula, my travel had to be broken into two days.

I spent the night in a hotel last night in San José.  It's been awhile since I've actually been outside of the airport in San José, and I was taken aback by all of the hustle and bustle I saw here yesterday.  There actually IS civilization in Costa Rica!!!!

Now I am sitting at the gate ready to board the plane, except the flight doesn't leave for another hour and 45 minutes.

I am BEYOND EXCITED to be going home, because I can't wait to see my family, and hopefully a little chill in the air...  I have to admit I was a little sad to leave Cóbano.  When my host mom dropped me off at the bus stop, I watched her turn her car around and drive off.  It made me cry.  I have been so blessed to have this host family.  Once I got on the bus, I checked my phone and I had a message from her saying she started crying as she drove off and that I have become a 3rd daughter to her.  So I guess the feeling is mutual :)

Merry Christmas from the staff of Escuela Futuro Verde!

No comments:

Post a Comment