"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' "
Jeremiah 29:11

Friday, December 6, 2013

Blondie.

Mamá Tica and I have had a good time so far. Yesterday she invited me and we went to a bible study/ prayer hour (that lasted 2 hours) and people kept asking if I was her daughter! She responded with the Spanish equivalent of "my adopted daughter.

Afterwards we all had coffee and bread and the people closest to me at the table asked how we knew each other so that was explained and they asked where I was from. I said the United States. They responded "but your Spanish is so good!" They expected me to be mute, but I have already gotten a handful of compliments in various places about how well I speak Spanish (thank you to all my teachers!)

And then one lady asked if my hair was natural or if I dyed it. I said it's naturally brown and she was so shocked bc she thought all Americans were blonde--apparently all the Americans she had met were blonde.

It made me chuckle on the inside, but she's not really that naive when you think about it. Many ticos have never been out of Costa Rica, and I'm assuming she's one of those. All ticos have the same color hair (unless it is dyed), so why wouldn't Americans all have the same color hair?!

And...this is the view from Mamá Tica's neighborhood:
Just look at those mountains.

Goodnight world. I've had a long and exhausting day which I will write about tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment