"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' "
Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Ferry

Alright, I've been on that ferry so many times now that it barely phases me, but Sunday's ferry ride to get here was like a party boat or something.  The boat departed at 9 am so every vehicle and person had to be  situated well before this time.  This means at quarter till 9 people were cracking open the cans of beer.  No thank you.

One of the crew members on the boat had either partaken(?) in a few early morning beers himself or was just having fun on the job while entertaining others. Check him out in the video.



And yes, the water was very pretty, and since I'm visiting I allowed myself to be a "tourist" and take a few water pictures. 
Oh my goodness the boat was rocking so much (actually not from the "party") that I felt like I couldn't walk and kept bumping into people. Trying to take a panoramic turned out even more disastrous. I'll share that just for a laugh.

There were not visible waves like that in the water...

Mountains in the distance

Selfie just because Kelsey hates that word!

And then here's some of the "fun" on the landing of the ferry on the other side. Lots of little vendors. Coconut water? You got it? Snow cone? Coming right up!



And I love that this sign greets me every time in Paquera where the ferry lands:

Translation: Jesus Christ is the lord of Paquera. Welcome.

And thennnnn when I got to the home where I'm staying at, I turned around to see my little tica sister with this:


Translation: Welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment